Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Questionarre Answered

1. Name, phone #, and e-mail:

Angelia Collins, 214-608-6110


2. What’s your major? What year will you graduate?

New Media, 2013


3. Why did you choose a photography class (or photography as a major), and what do you hope to learn from school in general and this class specifically?

I'm in this class because I need it for my degree. I like taking pictures though, so it's not a bad thing. From school in general I want to learn how to do what I need for my future career. From this class I want to learn how to be a better photographer.


4. What are your goals after graduation? Please list your goals in reverse order, starting five years out, then three, two, one, and six months.

5 yrs-I should be graduated by then. I think my degree takes 5 yrs.

3 yrs-be at the UCD

2 yrs-making good grades here

1 yr-should be a sophmore

6 months-become a sophmore


5. What artists, musicians, photographers, writers, movies, books have influenced you/your work?

Tim burton. Every animated movie and cartoon I've ever seen. Especially "Alice in Wonderland" and similar movies.


6. Where do you get information about current national and international events?

From friends and from watching the news.


7. Are there any important websites that you are referencing for art/photo competitions and/or information?

Not at the moment.


8. What museums and/or galleries have you been to in the past year?

Dallas Museum of Art. Other than that I don't have money or a car to be going anywhere.


9. Have you had any photo projects and/ or training in the past?

I had one year of photo in high school when I was in 10th grade. I liked working in the dark room.


10. What is the value of art for the artist?

invaluable


11. What is the value of art for the audience?

Depends on the audience.


12. Is photography a vocation or an avocation?

avocation


13. What is your passion?

Art in general. Still trying to figure out the specifics.


  1. 14.What are you afraid of? What makes you uncomfortable?

    Worms. I have scoleciphobia a.k.a. worm-phobia.


15. Do you have a passport?

Yes. I've only been to Mexico though with my church. I plan to travel when I have money to spend on that kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment